Are you a Big Data Engineer and do you know of the state-of-the-art big data technologies that enable companies to get their data under control? Are you familiar with SCALA, SPARK, HADOOP and NOSQL? We have the right opportunity for you!
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Develop and apply image processing and machine learning methods in projects across Omina Technologies
- The suitable candidate will bring active experience in big data engineering on the projects that require large data processing
- Using the available data, the big date engineer will actively promote new ideas to enhance our competitive offerings
- The Machine Learning Engineer will actively contribute to product and operational content strategies by identifying and ingesting new technical capabilities to forward Omina Technologies mission of leading the way in advancing science and technology
- Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Omina Technologies
- Analyze extracted information to drive such processes as automated and manual data cleansing
- Use data analytics to drive decisions for our content acquisition strategy
- Use visualization tools to present findings to stakeholders and other relevant parties
- Serve as internal and external specialist on big data engineering techniques
- The Machine Learning Engineer will also be able to act as a liaison between IT developers and (content) subject matters experts
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- A creative problem solver with a strong knowledge of statistics, image processing and machine learning methods and strategies
- Industry experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to drive new developments and implement process changes and disruptive technologies in the organization
- Good communication and documentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders at the mid and senior management level
- Design and deploy a set of data applications
- Experience in cloud and on-premise solutions
- Experience with SCALA, SPARK
- Knowledge of ETL for large data sets on distributed systems
- Knowledge of Hadoop
- Knowledge of aggregations, deduplication and linking to identities
- Extensive knowledge in NOSQL, SQL, MongoDB
- Experience in Python
- Experience in data jobs / streams and pipeline
- Experience in workflow management and job shedding of data loads
- Experience in real time data streaming and processing
- Experience with big data technologies (such as Azure Data Factory, EventHub, DataLakes, HD Insights, …)
- Knowledge of the various cloud platforms and on premise.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning algorithms so that you can ensure that your data deliveries are ideal for data scientists.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Capable to coach junior profiles and provide technical advice and direction.
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French and English
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Omina Technologies’ benefits are very competitive.