Omina Technologies is an artificial intelligence company active in Belgium and the US with offices in Antwerp, Brussels, Liege, Washington D.C. and Miami. We specialize in ethical, explainable and trustworthy artificial intelligence. We are looking for a senior (big) data engineer for our consultancy department.
Are you a senior data engineer with a passion for artificial intelligence and do you know the state-of-the-art big data technologies that enable companies to get their data under control? Do you dream of working for a company that is changing the world for good with ethical and explainable artificial intelligence?
We are looking for a new colleague to join our team who has several of the skills listed below. Are you this person? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
● The candidate will bring experience with regards to big data engineering on relevant projects.
● Provide efficient communication between all the relevant stakeholders.
● Provide data engineering knowledge to the internal R&D process, when required.
● Represent Omina Technologies’ ethics and values to the clients, as an ambassador.
● The candidate is expected to continually expand their expertise and knowledge, for which we provide resources and support.
● Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
● More than 3 years of experience, preferably on consulting projects.
● A creative problem solver with a strong knowledge of the latest big data technologies.
● Ability to drive new developments and implement process changes and disruptive technologies in the organization.
● Good organization, communication and documentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals.
● Experience working with a variety of stakeholders within the organization.
● Experience in cloud and on premise solutions.
● Experience with SCALA, SPARK or similar.
● Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or similar.
● Experience on Azure or similar cloud platform (certification is a bonus).
● Knowledge of ETL for large data sets on distributed systems.
● Knowledge of Hadoop or similar.
● Extensive knowledge of databases (e.g., NOSQL, SQL, POSTGRES or MongoDB).
● Experience in Python, Java or C(++/#).
● Experience with data streams, pipelines and their management.
● Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Azure Data Factory, AWS Data Pipeline, GCP Data Flow).
● Knowledge of distributed systems, load balancing, networking and storage.
● Knowledge of Dutch and/or French and English.
We welcome you to a truly dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Omina Technologies is a scale-up getting a lot of traction in Europe and the US. Working for Omina Technologies means you will be working in an exciting and emerging field of artificial intelligence.
Omina Technologies’ benefits are very competitive, and in addition, we offer stock options.